Step 1: Decide which device you will use
You can join this meeting from a computer, tablet, smartphone, or via a phone call.
If you join by clicking a link from a desktop computer, laptop, tablet, or smartphone, you’ll be able listen to the meeting and to see the meeting’s video, including any presented materials such as Powerpoint slides.
If you join by dialing the phone number, you’ll only be able to listen to the audio.
If you are a board member or contributing participant, connecting from either a computer with a webcam or a tablet is preferable.
For members of the public viewing a conference, a webcam is not required.
Step 2: Make sure you have the necessary equipment
If you will join by clicking a link from a desktop computer, laptop, tablet, or smartphone, you’ll also need:
- Internet Connection - It is important to note that the audio and video quality of the connection directly correlates with the quality of your internet connection.
- Speakers- Most laptops, tablets, and smartphones have built-in speakers.
- Microphone - If you plan on speaking during the meeting. If you’re unsure about whether your device has a microphone, you should also dial into the meeting by phone.
- Webcam - Recommended for board members and contributing participants, but not required. Most laptops, tablets, and smartphones have built-in webcams.
Step 3: Download the Zoom Meeting application
If you plan to join by clicking a link from a computer, tablet, or smartphone, download the Zoom Meeting application on your preferred device before the meeting: https://zoom.us/download
Particularly if you are presenting, or plan on speaking during a public meeting, please test your device's setup, by following these instructions.
Step 4: Joining the meeting
The web link and Meeting ID are unique to each meeting. Please see the top section of this page to find the meeting link and/or phone number. This information will also be provided in the meeting agenda.
When using a computer, tablet, or smartphone:
- Visit the Remote Public Meeting’s link, see the top section of this page to find the meeting link and/or phone number. This information will also be provided in the meeting agenda. Also note the Meeting ID, as that may be required when launching the meeting application installed on your device.
- You may be asked for your Name and Email address.
- Select “Join by Computer Audio” if you have a device with speakers and/or a microphone.
- If prompted click “Allow” to allow use of your microphone.
- If prompted click “Allow” to allow the use of your webcam.
- If you would like to speak, there will be an icon in the bottom center of your screen to “Raise Your Hand”. This will notify the meeting organizers that you would like to speak.
- Once you are allowed to speak, make sure to unmute your microphone to speak (unmute microphone is an icon at the bottom of your screen to the left)
- When you are finished speaking, the meeting organizers will mute you again
When dialing the phone number:
- Dial the phone number listed in the agenda
- The system will state “Welcome to Zoom”
- Enter the meeting ID, provided in the agenda
- When the board ask if anyone would like to speak, dial ∗ 9 (star key - 9). You will hear “The host will be informed you would like to speak”
- Wait for the meeting organizer to select you to speak
- When the meeting organizer selects you to speak, you will hear “You are unmuted”
- You can begin speaking
- When you are finished speaking, the meeting organizers will mute you again, and you will hear “You are muted”
- When the meeting has ended the system will announce “Goodbye”
?For Members Running a Meeting
Please review Zoom's instruction on managing participants
Resources for Additional Help
Please note that these meetings are recorded for public record purposes.