How do I obtain a permit for a road race/parade/walk-a-thon, etc.?

A permit is required for any type of special event. A "Special Event" is an event open to the general public; it can be held on public or private property; it may feature entertainment, amusements, food & beverages; it may be classified as a festival, road race, parade or walk-a-thon. A special event in the City of Gloucester, depending on the size and nature of the event, may require a number of permits or approvals from various departments within the City before it is officially approved and is granted a "special event" permit. Furthermore, special events are governed by the Gloucester Code of Ordinances Sec. 11-8 and Sec. 11-10.  Special Events Permit Application.

Show All Answers

1. Where can I find a list of handicapped parking spaces in Gloucester?
2. Can I use a debit/credit card at the City Clerk's office?
3. How do I apply for a dog license?
4. How do I register for salt water fishing?
5. How do I obtain a marriage license?
6. Hunting/Fishing Licenses: Why was I charged $1.00 more than my license shows?
7. How do I become a Solemnizer?
8. How much do Vital Records Cost (birth/death/marriage certificates)?
9. When and where can I work as a vendor in Gloucester?
10. Where can I find a Staff Directory?
11. Where can I find copies of City Council Meetings and Agendas?
12. Where do I go to vote?
13. Where is City Hall located?
14. Are City Council meetings televised?
15. Where is the City Hall Annex?
16. When and where does the City Council meet?
17. How do I obtain a permit for a road race/parade/walk-a-thon, etc.?