Can I make 'make-up' Payments?
If you were employed by any governmental unit within the Commonwealth and you do not have this period of employment credited in your retirement system, it may be possible to pay a make-up payment. You would be required to pay into the retirement system the amount that would have been withheld for retirement plus the accrued interest through the month of your repayment. Please have the Payroll Supervisor forward to the retirement office the payroll records for the dates of your employment, the salary paid per calendar year, the date of termination and whether you were employed on a full or part time basis. If you were part-time, we require the number of hours employed per calendar year. Once we receive all of the necessary information, a letter will be forwarded to you indicating the amount of the repayment and the due date.

Show All Answers

1. Am I required to enroll as a member of the Retirement System?
2. Can I borrow money from my retirement account now and pay it back later?
3. Can I receive a refund of my contributions? Will I get interest on those contributions?
4. Can I make 'make-up' Payments?
5. What is the maximum retirement allowance that I can receive?
6. What factors effect the amount of my superannuation retirement allowance?
7. May I be employed in the public sector after retirement?
8. What about my health insurance?
9. Is my retirement allowance taxable?