- Boards & Commissions
- Animal Advisory Committee
Animal Advisory Committee
The Committee shall undertake but not be limited to the following activities:
- Research, recommend, and advise- at the request of various departments and agencies of the city - on matters pertaining to domestic and wild animals within the borders of the city.
- Review and recommend changes to city policies and ordinances that affect all animals.
Gloucester Code of Ordinances, Chapter 2, Article 5, Division 17: ANIMAL ADVISORY COMMITTEE
Sec. 2-559.2. - Animal advisory committee — Purpose.
(a) In recognition of the continuing need for policy and oversight for the health and welfare of all animals and the associated health and welfare of citizens associated with animals within the borders of the city be they domestic or wild, the animal advisory committee is hereby established.
(b) At the first of each calendar year the committee shall elect from among its members a chair, vice-chair, and secretary.
(c) The committee shall undertake but not be limited to the following activities:
(1) Research, recommend and advise at the request of various departments and agencies of the city on matters pertaining to domestic and wild animals within the borders of the city.
(2) Review and recommend changes to city policies and ordinances that affect all animals.
(Ord. No. 2016-222, 11-22-2016) Sec. 2-559.3. - Composition; requirements; tenure
The Animal Advisory Committee shall consist of up to seven members comprised of a resident representative from each of the city’s five wards, and two resident members who shall be at-large members. These members shall be appointed by the mayor and approved by the council under the City Charter to a term of up to three years. Ex-officio non-voting members shall be one city councilor appointed by the council president; the police chief or his designee, and the public health director or his designee.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to Commission meetings.
Most Recent Agenda | View All
Meeting results are also available.
Most Recent Minutes | View All
There is currently a vacancy for the Ward 5 member, please contact the Mayor’s Office for more information.