If You Are Not Insured

Your recovery from a fire loss may be based upon your own resources and help from your community.No Insurance

Private organizations that may be sources of aid or information: 

  • American Red Cross
  • Salvation Army
  • Religious organizations
  • Department of Social Services
  • Civic organizations

If your property is not insured or if your insurance will not cover all of your losses, contact your family lawyer or the Internal Revenue Service for directions; you may be eligible for casualty loss. The following links may be helpful:

You should also obtain a copy of the fire report for your records and for submission to agencies requesting the report.