Gloucester Beach Information & Regulations
The City of Gloucester welcomes you to our beautiful, award-winning beaches and wants your visit to be memorable. Gloucester is a premier spot for beachgoers visiting from near and far.
Before visiting our beautiful beaches, please familiarize yourself with our rules and regulations and available amenities (which vary by beach).
For the safety and enjoyment of others, the City’s regulations prohibit alcohol, flotation devices of any type, and dogs. Certified service dogs are welcome to accompany their owner. A list of items prohibited from our beaches for health and safety purposes can be found on the Beach Regulations Page.
For beach updates, visit our Facebook page at: https://www.facebook.com/gloubeaches/
Resident Beach Parking Stickers
If you have a resident beach sticker, you can park at the public beaches without paying the daily rate. Resident beach stickers allow parking in the lots at Good Harbor Beach, Wingaersheek Beach, and Stage Fort Park. They also allow Gloucester residents to use the composting facility and other city beaches where it is posted "Resident Sticker Parking".
Non-Resident Online Beach Parking Reservation System
Our beaches fill up very quickly in the summertime as Gloucester is a world-renowned vacation destination and a popular day-trip spot.
The City will be utilizing Blinkay, a beach parking reservation system, for non-resident beachgoers. Reservations can be made up 10 days in advance on the Blinkay mobile app or Blinkay website. Reservations are required for non-resident parking at Good Harbor Beach, Wingaersheek Beach, and Stage Fort Park from Memorial Day Weekend until Labor Day.
Reservations are not required and fees will not be collected after Labor Day for Good Harbor, Wingaersheek, and Stage Fort Park.
Reservations are non-refundable, and cash will no longer be accepted at the gate for parking.
- How do I reserve a parking space at Good Harbor Beach, Wingaersheek Beach, or Stage Fort Park?
- How do I download the Blinkay app?
- How will I know I have completed my reservation?
- Can I print my reservation to check in at the gate?
- How will parking attendants check me in at the gate?
- Can I pay cash at the gate?
- What if I arrive without a reservation? What is the day-of policy?
- Are reservations able to be refunded, transferred, or canceled?
- What if I have a rental car, am using a different car, or don’t know my license plate number?
- Are parking spaces guaranteed for non-resident beachgoers?
- What are the parking prices for Good Harbor, Wingaersheek, and Stage Fort Park?
- Is there a discounted rate for parking later in the day?
- Will spaces become available as the day goes by?
- Will the tides impact the number of parking spaces available?
- How do I know if any parking spots are available on a given day?
- When are parking reservations required?
- What if I am a resident without a beach sticker?
- Can you purchase multiple days in a row?