The Planning Board, authorized and formed pursuant to MGL Chapter 41, sections 81-A-81J, is the City’s primary agency responsible for the establishment of planning and community development policies. In addition to statutory responsibilities, the Planning Board formulates policies which guide land use and the development of municipal facilities, educates the public and other multi-member bodies with respect to those policies and, with the cooperation of the Community Development Department, studies issues or projects related to the development of the City.
- Planning Board meetings are open to the public and are typically held the first and third Thursday of each month at 5:00pm. Please see the 2022 Meeting Schedule (PDF). Final meeting details will be posted two weeks in advance under Public Notices on the City's website.
- Currently all meetings are being conducted virtually. Go to Virtual Meetings to find out more.
- All virtual meetings are being recorded. Go to Past Remote Public Meetings on the City's website to view.
Agendas & Minutes
|First Name||Last Name||Phone Number||Title||Commission Expiration|
|Richard||Noonan||(978) 282-5555||Chair||February 14, 2027|
|Hank||McCarl||(978) 281-5269||Vice Chair||February 14, 2025|
|Shawn||Henry||(978) 590-4869||Member||February 14, 2027|
|Doug||Cook||(978) 281-2005||Member||February 14, 2027|
|David||Rosen||Member||February 14, 2027|
|Jane||Remsen||(978) 282-7313||Member||February 14, 2025|
|Beverly||Bookin||(978) 879-4496||Member||February 14, 2023|
Planning Board Staff
Documents and Applications
- Subdivision Rules and Regulations (PDF)
- Subdivision (Form C) Application (PDF)
- Approval Not Required (ANR) Application (PDF)
- Approval Not Required (ANR) Application Checklist (PDF)
- Site Plan Review Ordinance (PDF)
- Site Plan Review Application (PDF)
- Common Driveway Application (PDF)
- Pork Chop Lot Application (PDF)
- Road Improvement Plan Application (PDF)
- Road Improvement Plan Checklist (PDF)