The Planning Board, authorized and formed pursuant to MGL Chapter 41, sections 81-A-81J, is the City’s primary agency responsible for the establishment of planning and community development policies. In addition to statutory responsibilities, the Planning Board formulates policies which guide land use and the development of municipal facilities, educates the public and other multi-member bodies with respect to those policies and, with the cooperation of the Community Development Department, studies issues or projects related to the development of the City.
- Planning Board meetings are open to the public and are typically held the first and third Thursday of each month at 5:00pm. Please see the 2023 Meeting Schedule (PDF). Final meeting details will be posted 48 hours in advance under Public Notices on the City's website.
- Currently all meetings are being conducted virtually. Go to Virtual Meetings to find out more.
- All virtual meetings are being recorded. Go to Past Remote Public Meetings on the City's website to view.
Agendas & Minutes
|First Name||Last Name||Phone Number||Title||Commission Expiration|
|Richard||Noonan||(978) 282-5555||Chair||February 14, 2027|
|Hank||McCarl||(978) 281-5269||Vice Chair||February 14, 2025|
|Shawn||Henry||(978) 590-4869||Member||February 14, 2027|
|Doug||Cook||(978) 281-2005||Member||February 14, 2027|
|David||Rosen||Member||February 14, 2027|
|Jane||Remsen||(978) 282-7313||Member||February 14, 2025|
|Beverly||Bookin||(978) 879-4496||Member||February 14, 2023|
Planning Board Staff
Documents and Applications
- Approval Not Required - ANR (Form A) Application (PDF)
- Approval Not Required - ANR Application Checklist (PDF)
- Approval of Preliminary Subdivision Plan (Form B) Application (PDF)
- Approval of Definitive Subdivision Plan (Form C) Application (PDF)
- Site Plan Review Application (PDF)
- Pre-Application Open Space and Recreation Development (OSRD) Plan (PDF)
- Approval of Open Space and Recreation Development (OSRD) Plan Application (PDF)
- Pre-Application Cluster Development Plan (PDF)
- Approval of Cluster Development Plan Application (PDF)
- Common Driveway Special Permit Application (PDF)
- Pork Chop Lot Special Permit Application (PDF)
- Approval of Road Improvement Plan Application (PDF)
- Road Improvement Plan Checklist (PDF)
- Wireless Communication Overlay District Special Permit Application (PDF)
- Watershed Protection Overlay District - WPOD (PDF)
Applicable Rules and Regulations
- Gloucester Zoning Ordinance
- Gloucester Subdivision Rules and Regulations (PDF)
- Massachusetts Subdivision Control Law MGL, Ch 41 Sec 81K-81GG (PDF)
- Site Plan Review Ordinance (PDF)
Gloucester uses MapGeo, a mapping platform that incorporates many of Google Maps features to create a familiar look and feel, allowing users to search addresses, pan around, and explore map layers by clicking them on and off. Find Gloucester map data on the MapGeo Platform.