- Boards & Commissions
- Gloucester Cultural Council
Gloucester Cultural Council
Gloucester is the home to the oldest art colony in the United States. The City keeps its cultural history alive through education, programs, and initiatives that enrich the community for both residents and visitors. The Gloucester Cultural Council is invested in maintaining the vibrancy of the City of Gloucester in myriad ways including securing grant monies to provide funding for City schools, organizations, artists, and other community members. The Council exists to support public programs in our community that promote access, education, diversity and excellence in the arts, humanities, and interpretive sciences. We seek to fund programs that have a lasting cultural impact, promote art for equity, support working artists and elevate underserved populations. The Gloucester Cultural Council has at least 5 members, each serving a 3-year term. Pursuant to Mass. General Laws, no member can serve more than two consecutive terms.
The Gloucester Cultural Council invites you to apply for a grant for your arts, humanities, and/or science program. This year we plan to give priority to programs that:
- Have a direct link to Gloucester
- Recognize and celebrate Gloucester's quadricentennial (400th Anniversary) and the City's historical nature as a center for the arts, humanities and sciences
- Are accessible to diverse groups of people
- Demonstrate innovative ways to bring science to the public
- Promote art for equity and underserved populations
- September 1, 2022 - FY23 Grant Cycle Opens
- October 15, 2022 - Applications Due
Please see Mass Culture for more information or to apply. Thank you.
- Gloucester Cultural Council meetings are open to the public and meeting details will be posted 48 hours in advance under Public Notices on the City's website.
- Currently all meetings are being conducted in-person. Meetings are typically held at the Harbormaster's Office Conference Room at 19 Harbor Loop. Please refer to the most updated agenda for final meeting location.
- Previously held virtual meetings have been recorded. Go to Past Remote Public Meetings on the City's website to view.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meeting.
Most Recent Agenda | View All
Meeting results are available, following approval.
Most Recent Meeting Results | View All