Open Space & Recreation Committee
The DRAFT 2022 Open Space and Recreation Plan is here!
Please use the links below to access the Plan and Appendices. The Public comment period on the DRAFT Plan is open from May 12, 2022 to June 2, 2022.
To submit Public Comments, please download the Comment Matrix form and return it
by 11:59pm on June 2, 2022 email@example.com. Submissions not using the Comment Matrix may be filtered by email security software and will not be recoverable.
The 2022-2029 Open Space and Recreation Plan
The Open Space & Recreation Committee continues to work on the development of a new Open Space and Recreation Plan with the assistance of staff from the Community Development Department and consulting support from the Metropolitan Area Planning Council (MAPC). The Open Space and Recreation Committee intends to release a complete draft for public review in the Spring of 2022. The public is encouraged to attend the Open Space & Recreation Committee meetings for updates on the plan.
For reference please visit City of Gloucester 2011-2017 Open Space and Recreation Plan to view the previous plan for the City.
The Open Space and Recreation Committee was formulated to create and implement an Open Space and Recreation Plan for the City which will:
- Ensure the existence, smart use, and access to open space in perpetuity
- Ensure that contiguous areas, functions, and values that depend on them are maintained
- Propose a process for agreements with abutters with shared use/conservation interests for enhancing open space
- Recommend planned city growth and business development in a way that fully contemplates and strives to maintain the functions, values, uses, and vision for open space in Gloucester
- Establish a criteria and process for ceding open space to development or dedicated use
- Promote awareness and use of open spaces through a descriptive inventory of open spaces
The Committee consists of 7 members, each serving a 3-year term.
Agendas & Minutes
|First Name||Last Name||Address||Title||To Expire|
|Heidi||Wakeman||7 Wise Place||Chair||February 14, 2024|
|Noel||Mann||12 Dorset Drive||Member||February 14, 2024|
|Dan||Morris||363 Essex Avenue||Member||February 14, 2023|
|Dave||Sargent||637 Essex Avenue||Member, fulfilling Patty Amaral’s term||February 14, 2024|
|Mark||Poulin||84 High Popples Road||Member||February 14, 2023|
Fulfilling the unexpired term of Charles Crowley
|Liam||Anastasia-Murphy||Member||February 14, 2024|
|Richard||Quateman||10 Dennison Street||Member||Fulfilling Jerome Goularts term expiring, February 14, 2023|