MENTAL HEALTH RESOURCES
988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline
24/7 crisis text and call line
Call or text 988
Crisis Text Line
Emergency Behavioral Health & Crisis Support
Lahey Health Behavioral Services- Gloucester Clinic
298 Washington Street, Gloucester
(978) 283-0296 x221
Children's Friend and Family Services, a division of JRI - Gloucester
Youth at Risk Resource Guide
Pathways for Children
SUBSTANCE USE RESOURCES
SAMHSA’s National Helpline 1-800-662-HELP (4357)
SAMHSA’s National Helpline is a free, confidential, 24/7, 365-day-a-year treatment referral and information service (in English and Spanish) for individuals and families facing mental and/or substance use disorders.
- Behavioral Health Treatment Services Locator: https://findtreatment.samhsa.gov/
State Helpline 1-800-327-5050
The Helpline is the only statewide, public resource for finding substance use treatment and recovery services. Helpline services are free and confidential.
State Directory for Youth Substance Use Services
How do I talk to my child and prevent my child from using substances?
How do I help my child if I suspect they are using substances?
- Information About Youth Vaping For Parents/Guardians | Mass.gov
What are the Online Resources for Youth Substance Misuse?
My Life, My Quit program includes educational materials designed for teens and created through focus groups with teens, subject matter experts and community stakeholders. Teens can text or call a toll-free number (1.855.891.9989) dedicated specifically for teens, or they can visit mylifemyquit.com for real-time coaching. Through the program, teens work with a coach who listens and understands their unique needs, provides personalized support, and helps them build a quit plan to become free from Nicotine.
The first-of-its-kind program to help young people quit vaping, This is Quitting has helped nearly 500,000 youth and young adults on their journey to quit vaping. Learn more about how it works and the additional resources available for parents of young vapers and for adults who want to quit. Teens and young adults can join for free by texting DITCHVAPE to 88709
The quitSTART app helps you: Get ready to quit with tips and information to prepare you for becoming smokefree; Monitor your progress and earn badges for smoke free milestones and other achievements; Get back on track if you slip and smoke; Manage cravings and bad moods in healthy ways; Distract yourself from cravings with games and challenges; Store helpful tips, inspirations, and challenges in your Quit Kit and Share your progress and favorite tips through social media
What are the local resources to support my child?
There are different levels of support for helping a child who is using/abusing substances. It ranges from outpatient to inpatient. Below are some of the resources in Massachusetts. If you are unsure whether your child is in need of outpatient or inpatient services, please contact Lahey Crisis Team for an evaluation and they will make the level of care recommendation. Their number is: 978-744-1585.
Team Fourteen - Beth Israel Lahey Health Behavioral Services
800 Cummings Center
Beverly, MA 01915
Team Fourteen serves adolescents and their families in Essex County who are dealing with substance use concerns. Team Fourteen is a specialized initiative of Beth Israel Lahey Health Behavioral Services made up of clinicians dedicated to creating positive change in the communities they serve.
We help young people:
- Discover new habits and interests that lessen their dependence on drugs and alcohol
- Improve relationships with family and friends
- Reduce their substance use
Family Support Resources
- Prevention tips for high-school aged adolescents
- Prevention tips for middle-school aged youth
- Preventing substance use starts at home
- Positive parenting prevents drug use
- Preventing substance use among Native American teens
- Parenting to prevent childhood alcohol use
- Drug prevention tips for every age
- Keeping youth drug free
- Brain development, teen behavior and preventing drug use
- 7 ways to protect your teen
- Setting limits and monitoring behavior to prevent substance use
- Growing up drug free
- Underage drinking prevention
- Talk with Your Teen About E-Cigarettes: A tip sheet for parents
- The Teen Vaping Trend – What Parents Need to Know
- How to Talk to Your Teen About Vaping and 10 Facts About E-Cigarettes