- Community Development
- Sustainability Division
- Climate Action and Resilience Plan (CARP)
Climate Action and Resilience Plan (CARP)
In September of 2021, the City of Gloucester was awarded $69,890 through the Municipal Vulnerability Preparedness (MVP) Action Grant program to fund the creation of a Climate Action and Resilience Plan (CARP), in collaboration with the Metropolitan Area Planning Council (MAPC) and the City's Clean Energy Commission (CEC). The plan will help the City to identify the highest priority challenges and the most feasible solutions to put Gloucester on track to meet long-term energy, climate and resiliency goals.
Read the Plan
- 2022 Gloucester Climate Action and Resilience Plan (CARP)
- 2022 Gloucester Climate Action and Resilience Plan (CARP) Appendices
- Introduction to the Plan
- Background and Analysis
- Community Engagement
- How To Read This Plan
- Natural Resources
- Solid Waste
- Social Resilience
- List of Acronyms and Abbreviations
Take Climate Action
Find out how you can take climate action at the City's Take Climate Action page.
Advocate by Attending Clean Energy Commission Meetings
CEC will be providing oversight and guidance to the planning team on several implementation initiatives outlined the CARP. Find out about upcoming public meetings of the CEC on the City's website under Public Notices. You can also find recordings of past public meetings by visiting Past Remote Meetings.
Follow Us on Social Media
Connect with Gloucester's Community Development and Planning work by following Innovate Gloucester's @InnovateGlosta Instagram, @InnovateGlosta Twitter, and Innovate Gloucester Facebook pages.
Documents and Recordings
- 2022 CARP Strategy Evaluation Framework for CEC Discussion 6-1-2022
- 2022 CARP Community Meeting 4 Presentation
- 2022 CARP Goals and Prioritization Update to the CEC
- 2022 CARP Community Meeting 3 Presentation
- 2022 CARP Community Meeting 2 Presentation
- 2022 CARP Emissions Inventory and Outreach Update to the CEC
- 2021 CARP Community Meeting 1 Presentation
Meeting-in-a-Box Facilitator Resources
- 2022 CARP Meeting-in-a-Box Talking Points for Facilitators
- 2022 CARP Meeting-in-a-Box Presentation Toolbox
Applicable comments and materials submitted to the CARP planning team by the public will be available by visiting the CARP Google Drive - No Account Required throughout the planning process.
Watch Past CARP Community Workshop Recordings
- Planning Kick-Off - Wednesday, November 17, 2021 (Watch a Recording of the Meeting)
- Goal Development - Wednesday, February 2, 2022 (Watch a Recording of the Meeting)
- Strategy Identification - Thursday, February 24, 2022 (Watch a Recording of the Meeting)
- Strategy Evaluation and Prioritization - Thursday, March 31, 2022 (Watch a Recording of the Meeting)
- City Council Update - Tuesday, July 12, 2022 (Watch a Recording of the Meeting)
- City Council Update - Tuesday, September 13, 2022 (Watch a Recording of the Meeting)