Temporary Alteration of Premises
For ABCC Orders during the coronavirus public health emergency please visit:
- Restaurant Workplace Safety Standards September 22, 2020 Update
- ABCC Advisory Regarding Continued Prohibition of On-Premises Consumption
- ABCC Advisory Regarding On-Premises Licensees Selling For Off-Premise Consumption
- ABCC Updated Order Regarding Delinquency Report Period (Credit Terms)
- ABCC Advisory Regarding Mandatory Closing Period for Retail Alcohol Licensees and Easing of Certain Annual Renewal Requirements
- COVID-19 ORDER NO. 53 - ORDER REQUIRING EARLY CLOSING FOR CERTAIN BUSINESSES AND ACTIVITIES, LIMITING HOURS FOR ALCOHOL AND ADULT USE CANNABIS SALES, AND MODIFYING CHAPTER 138 LICENSE RENEWAL REQUIREMENTS
- COVID - 19 ORDER 57
To provide community service to the City of Gloucester in processing, overseeing, and renewing the licenses for hundreds of establishments of various categories. Among the types of licenses are; Common Victualler, Annual and Seasonal Liquor Licenses, Lodging Houses, Inn Holders, Bed and Breakfasts, Weekday and Sunday Entertainment, Automatic Amusements, and Special One-Day Alcohol Licenses.
- 6:30 pm
- Generally the second Tuesday of each month
- Harbor Master's Conference Room, 19 Harbor Loop # 2
- 2021 LICENSING BOARD MEETING SCHEDULE
Agendas and Meeting Minutes
As required by law, the Agendas are posted by the City Clerk’s Office. Meeting Minutes are posted on this web page as a courtesy; it is not a requirement by Open Meeting Law to post the minutes on the web page. If you would like a copy of any document(s) and/or if you would like to review any public document on file with the Licensing Board, please send a written request to the Licensing Board Office.
Our goal is to serve the various license holders throughout the City of Gloucester and to ensure that all segments of Chapter 138 and Chapter 140 of the Massachusetts General Laws are adhered to.
Our objective is to prevent infractions of the law and to ensure that licensees do not exceed the limits of their license.
Licensing Board Members
|First Name||Last Name||Address||Contact Information||Title||To Expire|
|Melissa||Teixeira Prince||3 Pond Roademail@example.com||(D) Chairperson||May 31, 2023|
|John T.||Lamirande||224 Bray Streetfirstname.lastname@example.org||(R)||May 31, 2025|
|John C.||Orlando||71 Western Ave.||email@example.com||(I)||Fulfilling the unexpired term, 5/31/2026|
|Alison||Battle||3 Pond Roadfirstname.lastname@example.org||Clerk||N/A|
The City of Gloucester’s Licensing Board consists of three Members, a Special Investigator, and a Clerk of the Board.
- Online CORI Request Form
- 2020 ABCC Holiday Calendar
- Licensing Board Fee Schedule
- List of Licenses & Forms
The City of Gloucester Licensing Board only accepts checks and money orders. No cash or credit cards are accepted at this time.
Submissions, where an ad must be placed for a Public Hearing, will need to be submitted 15 days before the meeting date to meet all ABCC Guidelines.
Seasonal Liquor Licenses are valid from April 1st through January 15th each year.