Downtown Development Commission
To encourage economic revitalization within a context of historic preservation, community involvement and activities, a strong identity and tourism. The commission shall undertake, but not be limited to, the following activities:
- Examine and evaluate conditions on an ongoing basis.
- Propose and promote physical improvements.
- Coordinate public and private efforts.
- Encourage - in cooperation with the Cape Ann Chamber of Commerce - a creative marketing plan, coordinated advertising, promotions, and special events.
- Promote the establishment of new businesses.
- Encourage the establishment of special committees composed of municipal officials, bankers, merchants, industrialists, preservationists, chamber of commerce officials, downtown residents, design professionals, developers, real estate brokers, and others concerned with downtown.
- Promote and encourage the proper mix of goods, services, housing, recreation, and entertainment.
- Coordinate - through the Community Development Department - the activities related to downtown of the Historical Commission, the Historic District Commission, the Waterways Commission, the Planning Board, the Tourism Commission, the Economic Development and Industrial Corporation, the Redevelopment Authority, and the Housing Authority.
The Commission has up to 9 members each serving a 3-year term.
Agendas & Minutes
|First Name||Last Name||Address||Telephone||Title||To Expire|
|Patricia||Gates||48 Main Street||N/A||N/A||February 14, 2021|
|Walt||Kolenda||82 Main Street||(978) 395-7077||N/A||February 14, 2020|
|Joseph||Giacalone||16 Gould Court||N/A||N/A||February 14, 2021|
|Katherine||Cuddyer||53 Grapevine Road||N/A||N/A||February 14, 2020|
|Melissa||Cox||City Council Rep||N/A||N/A|