- Public Works
- Trash & Recycling
- Trash Collection
- Place trash and recyclables on curb no later than 7:00 a.m.
- All trash must be in official City of Gloucester purple bags. Trash in any other bag will not be picked up.
- Bags are sold in packets of 5 (some locations sell single bags) at several local convenience and grocery stores:
- Large bags (33 gallons) are $2.25
- Small bags (13 gallons/kitchen size) are $1.25 each
- Bags must be closed and tied.
- Closed City-designated bags can be placed curbside either inside or outside of your trash barrel.
- Bags and/or barrels cannot weigh more than 50 pounds.
What won’t get picked up? Know the rules!
- Trash that is not in an official purple bag will be left at the curb.
- Yard waste and leaves. Please take yard waste and leaves to the Compost Facility on Dogtown Road, open the last Saturday of each month.
- Bulk items (such as furniture) will not be picked up without a $10 sticker, available to purchase at DPW. Stop & Shop and the Building Center.
- Appliances, computer monitors, televisions, and dehumidifiers will not be picked up without a $30 sticker, ONLY available for purchase at DPW.
- Trash bags that weigh over 50 lbs.
- Construction debris - Please check the yellow pages for transfer facilities or dumpster service companies.
When a collection day falls on a holiday, that days collection and all remaining trash collections for that week will take place one day later. Friday collection will be on Saturday. For all missed collections, call JRM Hauling & Recycling at (800) 323-4285.