Committee for the Arts
About the Gloucester Committee for the Arts
The Committee for the Arts (CFTA) is a group made up of citizen volunteers chosen by the Mayor and City Council. The Committee for the Arts was established by city ordinance in 2000 to appreciate local art and artists. The Committee for the Arts promotes and celebrates Gloucester’s cultural heritage.
- Maintain Gloucester’s Works Progress Administration (WPA) murals and other city-owned art
- Develop and promote art education programs
- Give honors that recognize local artists, including the position of Gloucester Poet Laureate
- Bring about a city-wide public art policy and commissioning process
- Develop beneficial arts partnerships
- Encourage the creation and promotion of arts projects created in or about Gloucester
- Advise city officials on the value of a diverse, cultural life for all citizens
- Encourage arts programs within the public schools
- Held in person*
*Please refer to the Public Notices page for meeting dates.
The Committee has up to 7 members, each serving a 4-year term.
|First Name||Last Name||Contact||Title||To Expire|
|Mayor Greg||Verga||(978) 281-9700||Ex-Officio|