What is TRIAD
TRIAD, once called the S.A.L.T. (Seniors and Law-enforcers Together) Council, is dedicated to promoting safety and improving quality of life for senior citizens.
To develop and implement policies and programs to reduce criminal victimization, to promote crime prevention, safety awareness, and serve the special needs of the senior population of the Gloucester community. In addition, TRIAD will endeavor to design and support programs to improve the quality of life of Gloucester senior citizens.
The TRIAD Council members meet on the second Thursday of each month, at 10:00 a.m. at the Rose Baker Senior Center, led by Chairman, Peter Jenner.
Membership in this organization includes Gloucester senior citizens, representatives of the Gloucester Police and Fire Departments, Essex County Sheriff’s Department, District Attorney’s Office, Mayor of Gloucester, Gloucester Housing Authority. The concept for the Triad Council was developed by the National Sheriff’s Organization.
ONGOING PROGRAMS INCLUDE
(There is no cost associated with participating in any of these programs except emergency bags)
- FILE OF LIFE: A card with all of your medical information that fits into a folder that attaches to your refrigerator (in case of medical emergency).
- WALLET FILE OF LIFE: A card with all of your medical information that fits into a small folder that fit in your wallet or pocket book.
- YELLOW DOT: For your car, a sheet similar to the “File of Life” that you keep in your glove compartment and a yellow dot is placed on your rear window to alert medical emergency personnel this file is present. Because Triad is a national program, police throughout the country are trained to look for the yellow dot.
- SMOKE DETECTOR: A program that provides you with a free smoke detector, which the Fire Department will install for you.
- SHREDDER PROGRAM AT SENIOR CENTER
- ELDER ADDICTION / (WITH THE GLOUCESTER HEALTH DEPARTMENT)
- SCAMS (USED MOCK TRIAL TO DEMONSTRATE AND INFORM)
- HOUSE NUMBERING: A new program just getting under way where we are working with the Fire Department and the YMCA.
Upcoming possible new TRIAD Programs
· SENIOR ID’S
· IDENTITY THEFT
You are welcome to sign-up for any of the above programs by calling (978) 281-9765 or visiting the Rose Baker Senior Center, and leave your name and telephone number. A TRIAD Committee member will return your call and arrange for you to receive the item (s) that you have requested. If you know of an individual who needs one or more of the above programs let us know and we will make arrangements to visit that individual and provide for their needs. All of these programs are designed to improve safety for senior citizens.