Animal Control is staffed by Jamie Levie, and Dianne Corliss who can be reached at (978) 281-9746. In the event of an emergency, They can be reached any time at (978) 283-1212. Animal control operates seven days a week from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm.
The Detective Division investigates all major crimes in Gloucester. This includes crimes against the person, financial crimes, sexual assaults and drug activity. Anonymous tips can be given to the detectives by calling (978) 281-9753. There is an answering service after hours, and calls are not traced. This unit is headed by Lt. Joseph Fitzgerald.
Management Information Systems (MIS)
MIS handles the CAD and RMS functions for the department as well as this web page. Various communications systems also fall under MIS.
The Patrol Division is the largest division within the Police Department. This division consists of many units that provide some of the most visible of the department's functions, including patrolling and enforcing traffic.
The patrol units and shifts are:
- 12:00 am - 8:00 am: Lieutenant Mike Williams, Sergeant Brian Aiello, and Sergeant Anthony Parisi
- 8:00 am - 4:00 pm: Lieutenant Michael Gossom, Sergeant Sandy MacDonald and Sergeant Joseph Catarino.
- 4:00 pm - 12:00 am: Lieutenant William Leanos, Sergeant James Marshall and Sergeant Jermiah Nicastro.
- Police Prosecutor: Lieutenant David Quinn
- Assistant Chief John McCarthy
The Records Department is staffed by Gen Whaley, who handles all requests for reports relating to criminal investigations and crash reports. She can be reached on weekdays at (978) 283 1212.
The Gloucester Police Training Division trains both police and civilian personnel in a variety of skills, including firearms, self defense, first aid and CPR. As funding and time become available, there will be Civilian Police Academy and a RAD class held by the Training Division.