Emergency Alert Notifications
Gloucester Emergency Alerts, powered by Smart911, is the official emergency notification system used by the City of Gloucester to communicate with residents during emergencies. Register for Gloucester Emergency Alerts, sign up now and receive free alerts from the City via text message, email, voice message, or social media.
Citizens can register to receive alerts for the following:
- Emergency Notifications - Urgent, must-know information that may require action such as taking shelter. Alerts may include water advisories, road closures, power outages, evacuations, lock down situations, and more.
- Advisories - Important information but not necessarily immediately time-sensitive. Alerts may include missing person alert, amber alert, prescribed burn notices, and more.
- Snow, Flooding, School, Beach Alerts – Important information regarding community events and park facilities. Alerts may include cancellation notice due to weather or field conditions, park/facility closure notices, and event information.
- Traffic Alerts - Time-sensitive situations affecting the flow of traffic and creating an immediate hazard on major roads or at the request of Fire/Emergency Medical Services (EMS)/Law personnel at the scene.
- Weather Warnings - National Weather Service Advisories and Watches.
To stay informed and be prepared for emergencies, go to Smart 911 and register your contact information